Saturday 16 July 2011

Day 14,Ralf's Ride

Didn't hear from Ralf until 10:30 pm. Apparently no cell/blackberry service in that area of Wisconsin. In Waupaca. Thunderstorms all morning; increasing heat as day went on.3 flats;4 new tubes. Phone call was very short as he had to put call through long distance operator to land line. Looking forward to crossing Lake Michigan starting at  Manitowac to Ludington Michigan. Looks like I will be heading to Ludington Michigan to meet Ralf when he arrives at 7pm.Got TripTic and map from CAA; GPS from Best Buy; made 2 signs -"Boston Foundation: Ralf's Cycle for Sight" to tape onto support vehicle. Will be support vehicle Monday,Tuesday and return home Wednesday. Jacksons' and I will travel to meet Ralf  Friday night ?Strattford,?Waterloo. Ralf and Norm will then cycle together the last leg of the journey Saturday. But will let you know closer to date. So until I return home I won't be writing anymore blogs. I may get Robyn or Christian to do blog but I'm not sure they can handle the responsibility or the complexity of logging into the blog (lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment